Kayley Ellis - https://www.facebook.com/MPGArtwork?fref=ts
#me :) (Taken with Instagram)
I want to buy a pool so I can swim in the summer, let it freeze over and skate in the winter, and use it as a ball pit in spring and fall.
- How old were you when you started riding, and why? — 6, because I wanted to
- When was the last time you rode and what did you do? — a few days and I worked on ground work then getting my horse under herself
- A video of your best riding. — don’t have one right now
- A ride that changed your life. — at a show, my horse balked before a jump then turned sharply, throwing me off her shoulder. she would’ve stepped on me but I had already started rolling. instead of whining or freaking out I immediately got back up and continued the course. It gave me the confidence to know that I wasn’t going to let anything get in my way. And the funny thing was that I didn’t even get last place
- Describe your first fall. — the horse was trotting and tripped on a golfball and threw me off
- All the tack and riding clothes you have (brand/color/etc). —oh lord, well I have 2 english saddles, 2 bridles, 1 western, multiple saddle pads/shock pads, a couple d-ring bits, a kimberwick bit, 2 tall boots, western boots, full riding suit, multiple color/pattern britches, paddock boots, girths and girth pads, wraps, bell boots, blankets, etc. like a few thousand $ worth
- Favorite ribbon won at a show and why. —I got a rainbow one once. I like it because it’s rainbow. Otherwise I really enjoy my champion ones…
- A bit about the barn you ride at. —it’s the most beautiful barn i’ve been too. they have shows, tack/feed store, a sale barn, large arena and green pastures, everything you need
- Describe any injuries caused by riding. — I hurt my back once but nothing major
- How do your family/friends feel about your riding? — my parents really support it and a lot of my friends ride or at least like horses
- Find a horse for sale online that you would like to buy. — http://www.equine.com/horses-for-sale/horse-ad-1641499.html
- Favorite horse color? — buckskin
- A video of your worst riding. —don’t have one
- Describe your dream barn. — It would be medium sized, with an indoor. there would be acres of fields with a pond in the middle
- If you could speak to any horse, dead or alive, what would you say? — … this is an odd question… I think I’d talk to my horse Nelly and ask her what would make her happiest
- Describe your most recent fall. — my horse spooked, I fell, I got back on.
- Who is your equestrian idol? — Anky
- What is your daily grooming routine? — Curry, grooma-grooma, curry mitt on legs, hard brush, soft brush, soft brush on legs and face.
- A discipline you’d like to do that you’ve never done before. —cutting
- Your favorite horse show. — olympics. lol.
- What is your perfect schooling outfit? —collared shirt, britches, boots
- The importance of riding in your life. —it’s calming
- Critique a famous/well known equestrian’s jumping round of your choosing. — http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-bsdEK9_L0 excellent pacing, she really sets Shutterfly up at the perfect distance for each jump. she has a deep seat but sometimes relies on her hands too much
- Your best riding friend. — Sam
- Describe your dream trailer. — 3 horse with a large changing room and living quarters
- Biggest riding pet peeve? —people who don’t think equitation is important. Equitation isn’t for you to look pretty at shows. You need to constantly work on your equitation because it makes you a better, safer rider and the horse understands your cues and feels your aids more
- You know your an equestrian when….. (Give 5 original ones) —1. You don’t mind being dirty. 2. You own britches in every color. 3. You talk to your horse. 4. You own nail polish for you and hoof polish for your horse. 5. Most of your friends ride too
- Helmet or no helmet? helmet!
- A style/trend in tack/riding appearal that you don’t like. green jackets
- Your future with horses. I’ll ride as a hobby